The SWIFT project was funded by the Government Equalities Office and run in partnership with ESCC and local charity Sound Architect. The funding was secured by the e-Sussex Broadband Team to promote skills development linked to the East Sussex County Council broadband infrastructure development project. The aim was to support entrepreneurial women, who are an under-represented group in East Sussex, to bring their business ideas to fruition, contributing strongly to economic growth in East Sussex.
The Swift project facilitated self-employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for women by taking advantage of faster and more reliable Broadband to enhance their digital and business skills. The programme consisted of modular and flexible training sessions which focused on delivering IT and business/personal training. Follow this link to our free resources.
Alongside the training, participants were able to attend regular peer to peer groups to share knowledge and experience with the support of a business mentor. Personal development was a key part of the programme with participants learning to continually plan, act, review and evaluate as their chosen pathways develop, skills which can be used in all aspects of their professional and personal lives.
As well as accessing our Swift resources, the County’s Growth Hub is a valuable source of help and support available to all:
‘The Business East Sussex Growth Hub is a free, independent, and publicly funded business support service for businesses across East Sussex.
We are the first step for any business seeking support, and we can help you find the support and solutions your business needs to thrive.
Whether you are starting up, looking to grow, or are seeking to overcome challenges to your business, we can help. Our team of business experts are dedicated to helping you find the right support, helping your business grow and helping to make East Sussex a great place to run a business.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 335878
- Having it all (176 KB).
- Graphic design worksheet (201 KB).
- 8 rules for good customer service (32 KB).
- Being customer focussed (149 KB).
- Customer touch points (12 KB).
- Customers rights (167 KB).
- Data Protection factsheet (53 KB).
- Importance of customer service (181 KB).
- Informing your customers (148 KB).
- Meeting customer requirements (171 KB).
- Priciples of customer management (17 KB).
- Quick quiz (13 KB).
- Swift customer care (1.9 MB).
- The three pillars of customer satisfaction (15 KB).
- Your customer's requirements (143 KB).
- Employment law handout (3.4 MB).
Gentle introduction to finance
- Finance basics (148 KB).
- Internet security handout (40 KB).
IT for beginners
- IT for beginners (6.1 MB).
Legal requirements when starting a business
- A guide to the organisations you must contact when starting up (42 KB).
- Legal status (38 KB).
Pitching and presenting
- MW Elevator Pitch (227 KB).
Selling on Ebay
- Selling on Ebay - a rough guide (269 KB).
- Using Skype (1.6 MB).
- Time management (316 KB).
Understanding essential finance
- Cashflow forecast (32 KB).
- 1 - Why is a website important for my business (95 KB).
- 2 - Research, checking the competition (85 KB).
- 3 - Domain Names (109 KB).
- 4 - Planning your website's structure and navigation (92 KB).
Wordpress jargon buster
- Wordpress jargon buster (196 KB).